#AcBookWeek is back 23-28 April 2018
A celebration of the diversity, innovation and influence of academic books.
Academic Book Week (#AcBookWeek) – the week-long celebration of the diversity, variety and influence of academic books throughout history is returning for a third year from 23-28 April 2018.
Academic Book Week is a week-long celebration of the diversity, variety and influence of academic books aiming to open up a dialogue between the makers, providers and readers of academic books. #AcBookWeek takes place from 23-28 April 2018 at venues across the UK.
#AcBookWeek aims to:
- Increase awareness of the academic book (particularly the arts and humanities academic book), engaging media and alerting policy-makers to its importance as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the UK
- Make the academic book more accessible to a wider general audience
- Promote the skills and services of bookshops and libraries
- Promote the processes and skills of creating an academic book by both academics and publishers
- Open up opportunities for conversation and collaboration between publishers, booksellers, librarians, and researchers
- Extend the debate about the Academic Book of the Future for The Academic Book of the Future Project
- Enhance the wider debate about the value of arts and humanities research in the UK
Follow the Project